Saturday 29 August 2015

Helper Turns buyer Turns Usurper

A man who came as a helper in our lives about two years ago has become a usurper . From the very first cheque of such large amount it should have been clear to me that the  dropped cheque inside my outer door on the floor was more than just a generous help. He surreptitiously gave money close to half a crore to my eldest brother purportedly for his 'share: in the flat. Neither he nor my brother took my consent, not even intormed me about it.. This man had designs on our flat even though he has a flat in the Society's other building. Today he has sent notices to my special needs sister Rukaiya and myself to sell our flat to him. Rukaiya and myself have been staying here since 1978 (inception of the Society) My special needs sister aged 63 years is hardly in a position to migrate to a new area, new house. Despite that I made efforts, counselled her at length, but to no avail. We saw 15-20 different flats/ rooms in mumbai and it's suburbs. But she would not be willing to even enter the bldg. She seemed truly terrified, sobbing inconsolably.. Such was the fear and trauma of leaving her familiar surroundings and her home.
Even after knowing this the man went on to pay the full amount of the shares of my doctor brother and my eldest brother without my consent or informing me. He even accused my married sister of receiving money from him in lieu of her share in the flat.
My main concern is protecting my special needs sister's right to stay in this house, her home. My brothers have for months nay years stopped giving the maintenance allowance for my special needs sister. With the inevitable legal fight coming up I am short of resources, but determined and committed to protecting her rights and interests. I need and seek help of every kind in a big way but am aware each one has his or her limitations. Not everyone is a Bill Gates or Mukesh Ambanis. So whatever and however much you can help will be gratefully accepted. Please write to email trancework40@gmail.com or contact +919221108353

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/TIoEvzuPhNjv2hOC6lAYBM/The-ride-back-home.html
Please share this with your friends and contacts

No comments: