Thursday 9 May 2019

Ramadan Kareem! To all!

Ramadan Kareem! To all!

Yes, but that's easier said than done!

Especially in my case, where much is dependant on extraneous factors/elements.

OK I set aside the cleaning up of Rukaiyas mess as not interfering with the rules of fasting.

Yet there are elements who encroach on your 'private space' / mind and insist on making you do things against  the rules of fasting.

For the first two days this happened. I wanted to take both of us away from it. But on the third day (yesterday) everything was in place, until I slept in the afternoon.

Woke up to find a 'blank' mind. Took sis
sister Rukaiya​​ out for dinner a little late.

Found a lot of mirthful running around by two young girls visiting the flat below, when we were leaving and reached the ground floor.

I may remind, in an earlier post I had mentioned sister Rukaiya telling me that someone had come 'from downstair' , whilst I was sleeping one afternoon, upon which I had reasonably surmised  that there is a way to enter our flat even when it is locked from inside.

So on the one hand there is oppressive mental torture the likes of which make us run away from this place and prompts the query "Are you facing mental harassment from the Marathi people there?"

On the other hand we have this 'blank' mind which acts in a way to provide 'entertainment' to others!

Makes me wonder- is a blank mind a clear mind ?

Today I didn't do ' sihori ' early 4 am breakfast and yet am fasting supposedly.

Just a thought:
Are some nutrients  being reached to my body when I am sleeping in the night/ afternoon?

On the other hand, when sleeping is my body's energy dissipated by externally induced activities ?

Maybe

Maybe not always

So observing the holy month of Ramadan becomes a collective effort which helps in either observing the month or 'disobserving' it