Friday 11 August 2017

Stadium Restaurant Experience Revisited

Six hours ago Rukaiyas and i were at the road behind the GPO where a string of stalls outside CST offer various consumables including a Rice plate or thali for Rs 40 one of her favourites.
There is a xerox stall next to the meal joint where I stopped her ebike. But the owner of the Xerox stall took objection and asked us to remove the vehicle from front of his shop. I moved it a little ahead and then asked the meal joint  person to serve Rukaiya her thali.  But again he too had started packing it and gave it to us as 'parcel'. I told him she would need a paper plate. And so he directed us to the next shop. It was a cigarette stall. I approached him and asked for a paper plate. He said Rs.3 is the cost. As I was removing a Rs.5 coin I asked him if the paper plate was thick
Suddenly he said he didn't have any to sell asking us to move on.
I was angry and I told him that he told me the price and I had removed the money and now he was displaying arrogance and a former of 'untouchability' towards a senior citizens & handicapped  person. I told him that this would be reported in the media. Sensing my determination he pointed to the paper plates hanging a little on the side which I hadn't noticed. I told him that if it takes a media threat for him to be correct in his behaviour  it was very deplorable and this does not condone his earlier contemptuous attitude towards us. I was utterly disgusted and even left the food parcel (which I had paid for) with the meal joint owner saying we would not eat the food where the attitude of the people was one of contempt. We'd rather go hungry. He could give the food away to some poor needy person.
We moved away on the ebike. I was toying with the idea of calling the police as I circled the GPO and came back there again. I found to my surprise the place outside the Xerox stall filled with people eating food on stools. I remarked loudly that people can have meals sitting in front of this xerox stalls sitting on stools, but a handicapped person cannot have a meal sitting on her handicapped vehicle. And the owner of the Xerox stall had no face to even look me in the eye.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155875854759767&id=783374766 


No comments: